Growing transportation, warehouse and logistics company is seeking a Vice President of Business Development. The VP of Business Development reports to the President of Transportation and will work in conjunction with executive management to identify new business opportunities and develop strategies for corporate growth. Coordinates complete says cycle process including prospect list initiation, lead generation, prospect qualification, analysis, pricing, negotiation, proposal preparation and presentation(s). Challenge is to expand account base, pursue and close new business, increase revenues and improve profitability.
· Growth of both a non-asset and asset based Transportation services.
· Research new markets and provide accurate data as input for sales plans.
· Develop and execute business plan strategies through all modes, Truckload, Expedite, LTL, Specialized, etc.
· Develop and maintain customer relationships with key executives and decision influencers/makers in all key customer accounts.
· Work with operations team to develop value propositions and pricing strategies.
· Transportation Management Software knowledgeable (TMS)
· Support staff in the development of sales manuals and sales training.
· Track sales pipeline and sales representatives’ activities and performance using CRM software.
· Work closely with operations team to collaborate on sales and lead generation strategies and sales performance analysis.
· Drive new business development through innovative strategic and tactical marketing plans.
· Ability to coordinate with sales professionals in our other verticals.
· Provide leadership, support, and direction to the sales effort.
· Manage activities of marketing and Public Relations staff.
· Ensure on time delivery of proposals to the customers and executive management.
· Act as collaborator between customers, terminal operations and the corporate office departments.
· Coordinate and assist in streamlining the transition of new customers.
· Develop and approve print advertisements / brochures, which articulate external communications message for the business.
· Extensive experience in growing both non-asset and asset based transportation
· Proven leader in sales and marketing
· Demonstrated skills in verbal and written communications, time management, and interpersonal skills.
· Have in-depth knowledge of and experience in sales presentation, negotiation and closing skills.
· Have the ability to comprehend and solve customer issues and be able to communicate how to resolve these issues to all affected parties.
· Be able to travel frequently.
· Remote location will be considered
· 10 years’ experience in sales from small to Fortune 500 companies.
· 5 years experience in sales and marketing management.
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field. Master’s Degree in related field preferred.
· Proficient in all MS Office products.
· Proficient in use of CRM software.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Effective formal presentation skills.
· Strong organizational and leadership skills.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate is well versed and experienced in transportation/logistics business from sales or operations background and have a strong network of established contacts in corporations at a senior level and a transferable book of business. The individual understands and embraces strong relationships and can hit the ground running, easily opening doors for meetings with key individuals. The individual is committed and passionate about the profession and has above average communication skills, understands how to provide a solutions sales approach to help our customers with their most important transportation/logistics challenges.
REO Logistics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, REO Logistics complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.